![]() |
| Such a great photographer I am! |
I'm glad I bought these, because I learned that the quality of addi turbo needles are excellent. That being said, at about $16 a pop, there's no way I can afford to buy each needle in their varying lengths. Then the owner of the LYS showed me the interchangeable addi clicks. I was astonished- this is the perfect solution! One set of each size and choose whatever length cord you want! The one problem? The price tag. As a brand new knitter, I really don't want to sink $175 into a set of needles.
The project chosen to christen my shiny new needles was a simple hat (again, yarn from the random family stash). My first project in the round started as 6 inches of 2x2 ribbing, continued as stockinette, and taught me how to decrease.
![]() |
| Yes, this yarn has a sparkle thread going through it. I'm 20 and I love glitter, so what? |
![]() |
| In case you wanted to kinda see the inside of it. |
So I started looking online, researching needles and techniques...and the natural OCD personality in me began writing a list of "things to learn". Yes, everybody in knitting class makes fun of me for it. But I want to learn as much as possible while I can!! In class, I write almost everything my knitting teachers say down. The teacher jokes that it makes her nervous, but as we learned in nursing 101 documentation is everything! Knowing me, if I don't write it down I will never remember it again.



It is a charming hat.
ReplyDeleteYou know I went 4 years only owning a circular size 6, and then some DPNs in 6, 2 years before I needed more needles because I learned how to read patterns.
Good luck with magic loop, if you have trouble you can try 2 circs instead.
Molly : )
Hi Jamie, found your blog on ravelry! Love the sparkly hat! Don't feel too bad - I'm almost 28 and I still love sparkly things too. The Addi's are wonderful...once you get hooked on them you won't want to use anything else. I use them as straight needles too.
ReplyDeleteDid you use the Magic Loop to make your hat? If so, you shouldn't need to use DPNs (which I have never ever had to use yet) on the decreases :) Good luck!
-Amy
Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteMy mom makes fun of me all the time, but I never got over the glitter phase in my life. I try to avoid it in clothes, but everything else is fair game!
I didn't use magic loop for the hat- I told my teachers I wanted to learn but they wanted me to experience DPNs first. I'm glad they did, because now I don't have the curiosity to try them out later.