Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 6...chuggin' along

"Now, if six turned up to be nine, I don't mind, I don't mind/ If all the hippies cut off their hair, I don't care, I don't care." -Jimi Hendrix 

This lyric is so appropriate as I am heading to the Gathering of the Vibes music festival in 2 days! It's 4 days of camping, music, hooping, hippies, and sun. I can't wait! My dad has taken me/my sister/my boyfriend for the past 3 years, but this year my sister and boyfriend couldn't go, so I got to choose a friend from school. Not anyone can handle this festival- you have to choose the right personality. Someone who wouldn't bring a hair straightener.

Anyways, I don't have many cool updates from week 6 of class. I'm simply chugging along. I'm working on the second mitten while my sock and scarf are in progress. I also learned how to change skeins to connect more yarn to my project, and discovered the wonders of the row counter for my cable.

In shopping news, I bought a Vera Bradley bag to hold all of my knitting supplies. Check it out! 
It was on sale!

A look inside



When my mom and I were antique shopping, I came across this handy travel bag to hold all of my notions! It's not antique (so I don't know why it was there) but it is perfect for this!






And since this is such a short post, I leave you with a picture of our dog...you know, the one I'm allergic to!
Why don't you ever pet me? :(

2 comments:

  1. My notions are in a Vera Bradley bag and I have a huge one for knitting projects too! Again, twinsies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that look! Enough to turn a strong knitter to mush....
    Keep in mind that dishcloths are just really big swatches, very useful for practicing new stitch patterns.

    ReplyDelete