"Will you still need me, will you still feed me/When I'm sixty-four?" -The Beatles ♪
Since my cable scarf is taking a while to finish, we decided to start another project in the mean time. I've been begging my teachers to start socks, but they wanted to teach me something else magic loop before delving into sockworld.
Originally, we were going to make fingerless gloves, but then decided to stick to regular mittens. The mittens are knit in magic loop with-you guessed it-remainder yarn! These required a size 7 needle on 40" cords...another $16 pair? No thank you. I decided I needed to buy a set of interchangeable circs, but since I hadn't ordered them yet the teacher let me borrow hers.
I researched everywhere. Between scouring random blogs, stalking ravelry forums, and a ridiculous amount of googling, I found my set! My main focus was to get as many needles for as little money as possible. To be completely honest, I was willing to sacrifice quality for price- I'm a brand new knitter, and I'm not in the market for the addi set. If I continue knitting, I'll save up and invest in the set of clicks. I researched hiya hiya and darn pretty, but they were still out of my price range. The boye set had less than thrilling reviews. The denise set, though plastic, was inexpensive and an option. I nearly ordered them when I finally discovered knit picks- a happy medium between the lower class needles and the premium needles that I can't yet afford.
They offer great products and customer service is reported to be excellent. Their Options interchangeable set comes in 3 materials- wooden harmony, nickel plated, and acrylic zephrys. At 50$, the zephyr set fit into my price range and offered 9 sizes of needles. There are 2 24" and 2 32" cords that can be attached to any needle.
![]() |
| But why would anyone want to make see-through needles? Oh well. It's plastic for me until I get a real job. |

I was hesitant because I loved my metal addis so much- how could I now "downgrade" to acrylic? But I love them. The clearness of the acrylic doesn't bother me, either. Its the perfect beginner needle set and I'm glad I bought it. I switched my scarf over to my zephyrs and I haven't had any problems yet!
I'm using the same worsted weight skein as the kindle cozy. Ribbed cuff, stockinette body. I decreased the top all by myself, but needed help for the thumb. after learning how to do it, it wasn't that bad! My mom claimed them as her own and has asked me if she can hang them from her wall because they match her room so well. I crocheted a rope to attach them with.
![]() |
| Production was at a stand-still when I hit that thumb. |




i like your mitten! I'm planning on making a pair soon :)
ReplyDeleteVery nice! Good job :D
ReplyDeleteI'm addicted to Addis. They are an investment, and the only reason I haven't bought the Click Interchangeable set yet is...money reasons LOL but I have about 6 pairs of Turbos now and it does add up rather fast! As my knitting teacher calls them, they are the Cadillac of circular needles :)
Thanks! They were so simple, I was amazed at how fast they knitted up. I think I know what everyones getting for christmas!
ReplyDeleteThey SO are the Cadillac of circs (after signatures...have you seen them puppies?)! But thats another reason I'm not jumping to buy the set right away...who gets a Caddy for their first car? Not this chick. Have you tried the addi lace needles?
I bought the interchangeable Knit Picks needles only in wood instead of the acrylic. I like them well enough but I really should learn magic loop so that I can use them more often!
ReplyDeleteDon't be scared of magic loop, it was so easy to catch on to! Now I'm thinking about learning "traveling loop", have you heard of it?
ReplyDeleteThe wooden set is supposed to be nice, but a little grabbier than the acrylic. I think I would have liked the metal set but I'm trying to be thrifty!