"Well in five years time we could be walking round a zoo/With the sun shining down over me and you" -Noah and the Whale ♪
 |
| We're sharp! |
I have finally won the battle of the socks! I was emailed a flyer announcing my LYS was having a 20% off everything sale, so I moseyed on down to grab sock knitting materials. Because my knitpicks set (and most other interchangeable sets, for that matter) only goes down to a size 4 needle, I knew I'd have to buy another, smaller pair of addis to make these socks. After doing all my research, I had the intense desire to try out the addi lace needles, which have a pointier tip. This way when I finally buy the addi interchangeables, I'll know whether I want turbos or the lace set. I bought a size 3, 40" circ.
 |
| Magical self-striping yarn |
I also bought one skein of sock weight yarn ($18...cringe). This is enough yarn to make both socks.
I've made it up to the heel turn, and am going to need help with that. So far, it's easy...the same as the mitten, really. A couple inches 2x2 ribbing and then plain old stockinette. I love love LOVE the sharp, pointy needles and the stretchiness of the thin yarn. Not to mention the fact that this yarn is self-striping, making all these nice lines and patterns by itself.
I also received my package of notions from knitpicks!
 |
| Everybody likes getting packages. Don't lie. |
I love trinkets and knick-knacks and knitting supplies are so cute. In my shipment, I got: point protectors, stitch markers, locking stitch markers, a needle gauge, a yarn threader thingy, and most importantly, cable connectors to make my interchangeable cords longer.
 |
| But where will we live? |
Since class 5 was supposed to be my last class, I made the executive decision to purchase another pack of 5 lessons to continue this hobby through the summer. I'm loving it too much to stop now...there is so much to learn!
Week 5 of knitting and you're already knitting socks?! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteGo big or go home! :)
ReplyDeleteThe thing about the heel is to follow the directions exactly as written. But it may help if you have someone nearby who you can ask.
ReplyDeleteMolly : )